Here is a PDF training material about Billing plan component in SAP Sales & Distribution module. In SAP SD a billing plan is a schedule of individual billing dates for a single item in a sales document. You can define a billing plan at header level, which is then valid for all items assigned to it.
Depending on the kind of business process you are carrying out, the system can automatically propose one of two different types of billing plan: periodic billing or milestone billing.
- Periodic billing means billing a total amount for each individual billing date in the plan. For example, if you are creating a rental contract, the system can propose a schedule of monthly rental payments, according to the length and conditions of the contract.
- Milestone billing means distributing the total amount to be billed over multiple billing dates in the billing plan. For example,you can use a billing plan for billing a make-to-order item that is assigned to a project in the SAP Project System. When you enter the project-related maketo- order item in the sales order (or assembly order), the system proposes a billing plan based on milestones defined for networks in the project. As each milestone is
successfully reached, the customer is billed either a percentage of the entire project cost or simply a pre-defined amount.
SAP Billing Plan Tables
|Table||Used for storing|
|FPLT||Billing Plan: Dates|
|FPLTPO||Billing Plan: Dates|
|TFPLA||Billing Plan Type|
|TFPLB||Billing Plan Type: Description|
|TFPLT||Date Type for Billing Plan Type|
|TFPLU||Date Type in Billing Plan: Description|
|TVTB||Billing Plan: Date Description|
|VFPLT||Billing Plan: Dates|
Contents of this SD Billing plan PDF training material
- Billing Plan (SD-BIL-IV) 5
- Billing Plan.6
- Billing Plan Functions8
- How Billing Plans are Controlled.11
- Periodic Billing .13
- Credit Memo Date in the Billing Plan .15
- Milestone Billing.17
- Billing Plans at Header Level .19
- Functions in Header Billing Plans .20
- Header Billing Plans in Milestone Billing22
- Header Billing Plans in Periodic Billing .23