Transaction code in SAP is used to access the reports/functionalities quickly. It just like a shortcut method to avoid many menu path traversal. Transaction codes are shortly represent a tcodes. In this tutorial you will get an overview about transaction codes, its different types and how to create a tcode in SAP etc.
What is Transaction Code in SAP
SAP system contains a lot of functionalities & features. It will be bit time consuming to access many things in SAP if you are using their menu path. To avoid this issue, SAP provides a shortcut method to access any functionality easily & quickly, that is transaction codes. When we enter a specific transaction code in command field corresponding section will load instantly.
How SAP Tcodes Work
Each transaction code in SAP mapped to a specific program. When we enter a tcode in command field area, corresponding program will run. This assignment to the particular program is doing at the time of a transaction code creation. In the below image red marked area is the command field where we need to enter particular tcode.
For example, a SAP standard program named RM07IDOC is used for to display report physical inventory overview. A transaction code MIDO is there which mapped to the same program. When we enter MIDO tcode in command field RM07IDOC program will execute and display the report.
Different types of transaction codes
There are mainly 5 types of transaction codes in SAP. They are
- Dialog Transaction : This type is used to execute Dialog module or module pool type programs
- Report Transaction : This type is used to execute type 1 or executable programs.
- Object Oriented Transaction : This type is used to execute class methods.
- Parameter Transaction : This method is used to execute programs with predefined variable values.
- Variant Transaction : This methods is used to execute programs with custom default values or screen field properties.
How to create a new tcode in SAP
For creating a new transaction code in SAP, we need to use SE93 tcode. After entering the tcode, we need to give a unique name and description for our new transaction code. After that we need to select transaction code type (from 5 types) and name of the program to map. There will be some more input data required as per the tcode type you select. From this link you will get step by step instructions to create a new tcode in SAP.
Where Tcodes stored in SAP
SAP standard table TSTC stores all the transaction codes and corresponding executing programs and other technical details. TSTCT table stores the description (purpose) of each transaction codes.
List of available transaction codes in SAP
Here I have added links to the list of tcodes on module/ sub-module wise. You can refer the links as per your area in SAP. For technical details of each tcode will be available from the links in that pages.
- SAP MM Transaction codes
- SAP Consumption-Based Planning in MM Tcodes
- SAP Inventory Management in MM Tcodes
- SAP Information System in MM Tcodes
- SAP Invoice Verification in MM Tcodes
- SAP Purchasing in MM Tcodes
- SAP External Services in MM Tcodes
- SAP SD Tcodes
- SAP Basic Functions in SD Tcodes
- SAP Billing in SD Tcodes
- SAP Sales Support in SD Tcodes
- SAP Foreign Trade in SD Tcodes
- SAP Master Data in SD Tcodes
- SAP POS Interface in SD Tcodes
- SAP Sales in SD Tcodes
- SAP CO Transaction Codes
- SAP Overhead Cost Controlling in CO Tcodes
- SAP Profitability Analysis in CO Tcodes
- SAP Product Cost Controlling in CO Tcodes
- SAP CA Basis Components Transaction codes
- SAP Business Framework Architecture in CA Tcodes
- SAP Bank in CA Tcodes
- SAP Classification in CA Tcodes
- SAP Global Organization Customizing in CA Tcodes
- SAP Document Management System in CA Tcodes
- SAP Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications in CA Tcodes
- SAP Employee Self-Service in CA Tcodes
- SAP European Monetary Union: Euro in CA Tcodes
- SAP Financial Services in CA Tcodes
- SAP General Application Functions in CA Tcodes
- SAP Joint Venture und Production Sharing Accounting in CA Tcodes
- SAP Master Data Governance in CA Tcodes
- SAP Time Sheet in CA Tcodes
- SAP WebClient UI in CA Tcodes
- SAP Basic Data – PP Tcodes
- SAP Capacity Requirements Planning – PP Tcodes
- SAP Information System – PP Tcodes
- SAP KANBAN – PP Tcodes
- SAP Production Planning – PP Tcodes
- SAP Material Requirements Planning – PP Tcodes
- SAP Plant Data Collection – PP Tcodes
- SAP Production Planning for Process Industries – PP Tcodes
- SAP Repetitive Manufacturing – PP Tcodes
- SAP Production Orders – PP Tcodes
- SAP Sales and Operations Planning – PP Tcodes
- Quality Managament Tcodes
- Quality Notification Tcodes
- Quality Planning Tcodes
- Quality Inspection Tcodes
- Quality Certificates Tcodes
- Quality Control Tcodes