This documentation covers the details of Real time Integration in FICO General Ledger
Real time integration is nothing but the data posting to all the affected areas instantly when an activity is performed. For E.g. When you do a FI-SD integration, when a PGI is posted, the following entry is affected :
1. Cost of Goods Sold Dr 100 To Inventory Account Cr 100
Here the Cost of Goods Sold is an FI entry and Inventory Account related to MM but both of them gets affected immediately when you post a PGI in SD.
The updation of these entries when PGI is done is called Real Time Integration. The affect is shown in all FI, MM and SD modules once you save the entry.
The configuration for the below entry is done in OBYC
1. Cost of Goods Sold Dr 100 (T-Key GBB) To Inventory Account Cr 100 (T-Key BSX)
The automatic entries are posted to inventory accounts through T-keys to which GL accounts are assigned. These T-keys are assigned to movement types in MM. Please refer to T-code OMWN and OMWB for proper understanding.
TRAINING NOTES & TIPS
- We can archive & load the historical financial accounting module data. Archiving old & currently not in use data helps to save the storage & increase the program performance. We cannot archive all FI data like which contains open items; archivable data should meet certain parameters. The archived data can be accessed & reloaded in future. Some of the archivable SAP FI data are
- Accounting documents
- Payment requests
- Customer master data
- Vendor master data
- Bank master data
- Payment program in SAP financial accounting module is used to do the international payment transfers. This helps to make the transactions with vendors & customers easily & by following all country specific rules. The FI subcomponents which are mainly using the payment program are
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Accounting
- Each data posting in Financial Accounting is known as a document.