This documentation covers the details of What is Debit note and Credit note? FICO General Ledger
Debit Memo – It is a sales document used in complaints processing to request a debit memo for a customer. If the prices calculated for the customer were too low, for example, calculated with the wrong scaled prices, you can create a debit memo request. The debit memo request can be blocked so that it can be checked. When it has been approved, you can remove the block. It is like a standard order. The system uses the debit memo request to create a debit memo.
Credit Memo – A transaction that reduces Amounts Receivable from a
customer is a credit memo. For eg. The customer could return damaged goods. A debit memo is a transaction that reduces Amounts Payable to a vendor because; you send damaged goods back to your vendor.
Credit memo request is a sales document used in complaints processing to
request a credit memo for a customer. If the price calculated for the customer is too high, for example, because the wrong scale prices were used or a discount was forgotten, you can create a credit memo request. The credit memo request is blocked for further processing so that it can be checked. If the request is approved, you can remove the block. The system uses the credit memo request to create a credit memo.
As mentioned above, creating a credit or debit memo request enables you to create credit or debit memos based on a complaint. For this first create a
sales document with the order type for a credit or debit memo request. You can create the debit or credit memo requests in the following ways:
– Without reference to an order
– With reference to an existing order
Here you enter which order the complaint refers to.
– With reference to an invoice
Here you enter which invoice the complaint refers to.
In all cases, you specify the value or quantity that should be in the credit or
You can block the credit or debit memo request from being billed in Customizing. Go to Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales document header -> Define sales document type and select the billing block field in the billing section. This request can later be reviewed along with similar ones, – if necessary, by another department. The request for a credit or debit memo can then be approved or rejected.
To create Credit / Debit Memo request:
– Use the same procedure that you use for Creating Sales Orders i.d T Code VA01
– Give Order Type as CR for Credit Memo and DR for Debit Memo request
While creating the request you have to enter Customer Number, Reason for the request. and Material and its quantity. Once the credit or debit memo request is released you can create credit or debit memo. The credit memo request will be automatically blocked for checking with Billing Block 08 (to check credit memo) & 09 (to check debit memo) for the sales order type “CR” .
If it is not so you can customize the block for credit memo requests in Customizing for SD when you define the order type Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document Header -> Define sales document types. The release of block is allowed to be removed only by the people who are authorized for it. If the amount is within acceptable limit the block is automatically released otherwise all the people assigned to this job receive a work item in their integrated inbox for release.
If the complaint is not automatically blocked by the settings in Customizing, you can set a delivery or billing block manually.
– Logistics -> Sales and distribution -> Sales. – Choose Order -> Change. – Enter the number of the sales document, or use a matchcode to search for it.
– Choose Enter.
– If all the items have been blocked, choose Select all.
– If only some items should be blocked, select the corresponding items.
– Choose Edit -> Fast change of… -> Delivery block or Billing block.
– Enter the delivery or billing block for the header or individual items.
– Choose Copy.
– The system copies (or deletes) the delivery or billing block in all the
– Save your document.
TRAINING NOTES & TIPS
- We can archive & load the historical financial accounting module data. Archiving old & currently not in use data helps to save the storage & increase the program performance. We cannot archive all FI data like which contains open items; archivable data should meet certain parameters. The archived data can be accessed & reloaded in future. Some of the archivable SAP FI data are
- Accounting documents
- Payment requests
- Customer master data
- Vendor master data
- Bank master data
- Payment program in SAP financial accounting module is used to do the international payment transfers. This helps to make the transactions with vendors & customers easily & by following all country specific rules. The FI subcomponents which are mainly using the payment program are
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Accounting
- Each data posting in Financial Accounting is known as a document.