Procedure for Customizing an Electronic Bank Reconciliation Statement FICO General Ledger
This document covers the detail information of Step-by-Step Procedure for Customizing an Electronic Bank Reconciliation Statement FICO General Ledger.
To set up Electronic Bank Statements (EBS)
Processing in SAP for most customers in North America.
1. Create House Bank and Account ID (FI12)
2. Setup EDI Partner Profile for FINSTA Message Type (WE20)
3. Configure Global Settings for EBS (IMG)
– Create Account Symbols
– Assign Accounts to Account Symbols
– Create Keys for Posting Rules
– Define Posting Rules
– Create Transaction Types
– Assign External Transaction Types to Posting Rules
– Assign Bank Accounts to Transaction Types
4. Define Search String for EBS(Optional)
– Search String Definition
– Search String Use
5. Define Program and Variant Selection Additional information is also available in the SAP Library under: Financial Accounting > Bank Accounting (FI-BL) > Electronic Bank Statement > Electronic Account Statement Customizing.
Bank Reconciliation Statement
The following are the steps for BRS:
1.Create Bank Master Data – This can be created through T.Code FI01 or you can also create the house bank through IMG/FA/Bank ccounting/Bank account
2. Define House Bank
3. Set up Bank selection payment program- IMG/FA/ARAP/BT/AUTOIP/PM/Bank selection for payment program.
a. setup all co codes for payment transaction – Customer and vendors
b. setup paying co codes for payment transactions
c. setup payment method per country
d. setup payment method per co code for payment transaction
e. setup bank determination for payment transaction
Please go for Cheque management using T code FCHI (IMG/FA/ARAP/BT/OP/AutoOp/PaymentMedia/CheckManagement) and for void reasons FCHV. You can create Bank Reconciliation statement by TC FF67 (SAP/AC/Treasury/CashManagement/Incomings/ManualBankStatement) . Don’t forget to keep the opening Balance as zero. Use FBEA for post process. All the steps together will lead to (FF67) Bank reconciliation statement.