WebDynpro for ABAP (WD4A, WDA) is the SAP standard UI ( user interface) technology for developing Web applications in the ABAP language. It consists of a runtime environment and a graphical development environment with special Web Dynpro tools that are integrated in the ABAP Workbench (SE80).
Web Dynpro offers the following advantages for application developers:
- The use of declarative and graphical tools significantly reduces the implementation effort
- Web Dynpro supports a structured design process
- Strict separation between layout and business data
- Reuse and better maintainability by using components
- The layout and navigation is easily changed using the Web Dynpro tools
- Stateful applications are supported – that is, if the page is changed and the
required data remains intact so that you can access it at any time throughout
the entire application context. Note that stateless applications are not possible.
- Automatic data transport using data binding
- Automatic input check
- User interface accessibility is supported
- Full integration in the reliable ABAP development environment
How To Use the BI Java SDK in a Web Dynpro Application Tutorial
This document provides detailed instructions on how to use the BI Java SDK and its BI Java Connectors in a Web Dynpro Application. It contains step-by-step instructions for adding the required library references required to use the BI Java SDK, and for establishing a connection using one of the BI Java Connectors in the Web Dynpro and J2EE environment. Download
[ FREE ] SUBSCRIBE
RECEIVE UPDATES & SAP ARTICLES RIGHT IN YOUR INBOX.