What is table partition?
A: SAP is using fact table partitioning to improve the performance. you can partition only on 0CALMONTH or 0FISCPER
How would you convert a info package group into a process chain?
A: Double Click on the info package grp, click on the ‘Process Chain Maint’ button and type in the name and descrition ; the individual info packages are inserted automatically.
How do you replace a query result from a master query to a child query?
A: If you select characterstic value with replacement path then it used the results from previuos query; for ex: let us assume that u have query Q1 which displaysthe top 10 customers, we have query Q2 which gets the top 10 customers for info object 0customer with as a vairable with replacement path and display detailed report on the customers list passed from Q1.
What is modeling?
It is an art of designing the data base. The design of DB depends on the schema and the schema is defined as representation of tables and their relationships.
What is an info cube?
Info cube is structured as star schema (extended) where a fact table is surrounded by different dim table that are linked with DIM’ids. And the data wise, you will have aggregated data in the cubes.
What is extended star schema?
In Extended Star Schema, under the BW star schema model, the dimension table does not contain master data. But it is stored externally in the master data tables (texts, attributes, hierarchies).
The characteristic in the dimensional table points to the relevant master data by the use of SID table. The SID table points to characteristics attribute texts and hierarchies.
This multistep navigational task adds extra overhead when executing a query. However the benefit of this model is that all fact tables (info cubes) share common master data tables between several info cubes.
Moreover the SID table concept allows users to implement multi languages and multi hierarchy OLAP environments. And also it supports slowly changing dimension.
delete a BEx query that is in Production system through request.
A) Using the RSZDELETE transaction
How would you optimize the dimensions?
• We should define as many dimensions as possible and we have to take care that no single dimension crosses more than 20% of the fact table size.
What are Conversion Routines for units and currencies in the update rule?
• Using this option we can write ABAP code for Units / Currencies conversion. If we enable this flag then unit of Key Figure appears in the ABAP code as an additional parameter. For example, we can convert units in Pounds to Kilos.
Can an InfoObject be an InfoProvider, how and why?
• Yes, when we want to report on Characteristics or Master Data. We have to right click on the InfoArea and select “Insert characteristic as data target”. For example, we can make 0CUSTOMER as an InfoProvider and report on it.
What is Open Hub Service?
• The Open Hub Service enables us to distribute data from an SAP BW system into external Data Marts, analytical applications, and other applications. We can ensure controlled distribution using several systems. The central object for exporting data is the InfoSpoke. We can define the source and the target object for the data. BW becomes a hub of an enterprise data warehouse. The distribution of data becomes clear through central monitoring from the distribution status in the BW system.
How do you transform Open Hub Data?
• Using BADI we can transform Open Hub Data according to the destination requirement.
What is ODS?
• Operational DataSource is used for detailed storage of data. We can overwrite data in the ODS. The data is stored in transparent tables.
What are BW Statistics and what is its use?
• They are group of Business Content InfoCubes which are used to measure performance for Query and Load Monitoring. It also shows the usage of aggregates, OLAP and Warehouse management.
What are the steps to extract data from R/3?
• Replicate DataSources
• Assign InfoSources
• Maintain Communication Structure and Transfer rules
• Create and InfoPackage
• Load Data
What are the delta options available when you load from flat file?
• The 3 options for Delta Management with Flat Files:
o Full Upload
o New Status for Changed records (ODS Object only)
o Additive Delta (ODS Object & InfoCube)
What are the extractor types?
• Application Specific
o BW Content FI, HR, CO, SAP CRM, LO Cockpit
o Customer-Generated Extractors
LIS, FI-SL, CO-PA
• Cross Application (Generic Extractors)
o DB View, InfoSet, Function Module
What are the steps involved in LO Extraction?
• The steps are:
o RSA5 Select the DataSources
o LBWE Maintain DataSources and Activate Extract Structures
o LBWG Delete Setup Tables
o 0LI*BW Setup tables
o RSA3 Check extraction and the data in Setup tables
o LBWQ Check the extraction queue
o LBWF Log for LO Extract Structures
o RSA7 BW Delta Queue Monitor
How to create a connection with LIS InfoStructures?
• LBW0 Connecting LIS InfoStructures to BW
What is the difference between ODS and InfoCube and MultiProvider?
• ODS: Provides granular data, allows overwrite and data is in transparent tables, ideal for drilldown and RRI.
• CUBE: Follows the star schema, we can only append data, ideal for primary reporting.
• MultiProvider: Does not have physical data. It allows to access data from different InfoProviders (Cube, ODS, InfoObject). It is also preferred for reporting.
What are Start routines, Transfer routines and Update routines?
• Start Routines: The start routine is run for each DataPackage after the data has been written to the PSA and before the transfer rules have been executed. It allows complex computations for a key figure or a characteristic. It has no return value. Its purpose is to execute preliminary calculations and to store them in global DataStructures. This structure or table can be accessed in the other routines. The entire DataPackage in the transfer structure format is used as a parameter for the routine.
• Transfer / Update Routines: They are defined at the InfoObject level. It is like the Start Routine. It is independent of the DataSource. We can use this to define Global Data and Global Checks.
What is the difference between start routine and update routine, when, how and why are they called?
• Start routine can be used to access InfoPackage while update routines are used while updating the Data Targets.
What is Star Schema?
In Star Schema model, Fact table is surrounded by dimensional tables. Fact table is usually very large, that means it contains millions to billions of records. On the other hand dimensional tables are very small. Hence they contain a few thousands to few million records. In practice, Fact table holds transactional data and dimensional table holds master data.
The dimensional tables are specific to a fact table. This means that dimensional tables are not shared to across other fact tables. When other fact table such as a product needs the same product dimension data another dimension table that is specific to a new fact table is needed.
This situation creates data management problems such as master data redundancy because the very same product is duplicated in several dimensional tables instead of sharing from one single master data table. This problem can be solved in extended star schema.
What is slowly changing dimension?
Dimensions those changes with time are called slowly changing dimension.
What is fact table?
Fact table is the collection if facts and relations that means foreign keys with the dimension. Actually fact table holds transactional data.
What is dimension table?
Dimension table is a collection of logically related descriptive attributes that means characteristics.
How many tables does info cube contain?
Actually info cube contains two tables’ E table and F (fact) table.
What is the maximum no. of dimensions in info cube?
16(3 are sap defines and 13 are customer defined)
What are the minimum no of dimensions in info cube?
4(3 Sap defined and 1 customer defined).
What are the 3SAP defined dimensions?
The 3 SAP defined dimensions are…..
1. Data packet dimension (P)…..it contains 3characteristics.a) request Id (b) Record type (c) Change run id
2. Time dimension (T)….it contains time characteristics such as 0calmonth, 0calday etc
3. Unit Dimension (U)…it contains basically amount and quantity related units.
What is the maximum no. of key figures?
What is the maximum no. of characteristics?
What is the model of the info cube?
Info cube model is extended star schema.
What are the data types for the characteristic info object?
There are 4types:
How you’ll write date in BW?
SAP EP interview questionsThese are some general SAP EP interview questions. What are Portals? Or what is an Enterprise Portal? What are the technical aspects of Portals? What are fundamental characteristics of SAP Portal? What are different types of Portals? How are Portals different from other Websites? Where are Portals applicable? When are Portals applicable? What are the functional aspects of Portals? How Portal Solution helps to solve Organizational Challenges? What are SAP Portal common concerns and issues?...
SAP BW FaqsWhat is compression? • It is a process used to delete the Request IDs and this saves space. What are the options available in transfer rule and when ABAP code is recquired during the transfer rule what important variables you can use? A: Assign info object, Assign a Constant , ABAP routine or a Formula When you write user exit for variables what does I_Step do? A: I_Step is used in ABAP code as a...
SAP Universal Drill Through Service Tutorial GuideThis guide describes the Universal Drill Through Service and associated tool, UDS Designer.Universal Drill Through Service (UDS) is a technology that allows users to drill down into a WebIntelligence Relational report, or another WebIntelligence OLAP report, from a WebIntelligence OLAP report. With UDS, users can seamlessly carry over their data analysis from report to report. The user selects the cell or cells in the OLAP cube for drilling, and UDS presents them with a list...
SAP BW in Universe DesignerSAP BW in Universe Designer This SAP BW pdf guide guide is intended to help you create and manage OLAP universes based on SAP BW data sources. The universes can be used in Web Intelligence, Dashboard and Analytics, Live Office, and Query as a Web Service. An OLAP universe is a Business Objects universe that has been generated from an OLAP cube or query. The universe is created automatically from a selected connection to an...
SAP BW Functions details PDF material downloadReporting, analysis and interpretation of business data is a central focus for companies that wish to guarantee competitiveness, optimize processes and be able to react quickly and in line with the market. As the following graphic illustrates, SAP Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW), as a core component of SAP NetWeaver data warehousing functionality, provides both a business intelligence platform and a suite of business intelligence tools. The functions in detail BW document is aimed at...
ABAP Development for SAP NetWeaver BI: User Exits and Badls Tutorial GuideUser exits and Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) provide ideal approaches to extend and optimize your standard SAP system with custom developments. This book (ABAP Development for SAP NetWeaver BI: User Exits and Badls) teaches you to implement these adaptations in ABAP for use in SAP NetWeaver BI. The book is written for BI consultants who have basic knowledge of ABAP as well as ABAP programmers who want to get started with BI development. After a brief...
SAP MDM (MASTER DATA MANAGEMENT )SAP MDM (MASTER DATA MANAGEMENT ) SAP Master Data Management (SAP MDM) enables master data on customers, partners and products to be consolidated and harmonized across the enterprise, making it available to all staff and business partners. A key component of SAP NetWeaver, SAP MDM ensures data integrity across all IT systems. Master Data Management Details...
Netweaver Visual Composer User guideThe SAP Netweaver Visual Composer ( VC ) compiler generates packages that can be deployed to any SAP Enterprise Portal ( EP ) using the standard deployment procedure. Once deployed, the pages and iViews created by Visual Composer can retrieve data from the SAP Enterprise Portal runtime connectivity framework and display this information just like any other hand-coded portal pages and iViews. Visual Composer provides access, through the portal connectivity framework, to a range of...
SAP BusinessObjects Data Services Designer Tutorial GuideSAP BusinessObjects Data Services XI Release 3 provides data integration and data quality processes in one runtime environment, delivering enterprise performance and scalability. The data integration processes of SAP BusinessObjects Data Services allow organizations to easily explore, extract, transform, and deliver any type of data anywhere across the enterprise. The data quality processes of SAP BusinessObjects Data Services allow organizations to easily standardize, cleanse, and consolidate data anywhere, ensuring that end users are always working...
Introduction tutorial to Crystal Reports 2008 SP1 in SAPCrystal Reports is designed to work with your database to help you analyze and interpret important information. Crystal Reports makes it easy to create simple reports, and, it also has the comprehensive tools you need to produce complex or specialized reports.Crystal Reports is designed to produce the report you want from virtually any data source. Built-in report experts guide you step by step through building reports and completing common reporting tasks. Formulas, cross-tabs, subreports, and...
SAP Technical Tutorials
- ABAP tutorial
- ALV Tutorial
- INTERNAL TABLES
- ABAP OBJECTS
- BDC (Batch Data Communication)
- CTS ( Change&Transport System )
- Dictionary – ABAP DDIC
- ITS – Internet Transaction Server
- MENU & SCREEN PAINTER
- USER EXITS